With just over a month left to submit your nominations, do not miss your opportunity for recognition at the most prominent celebration of achievement for those people and organisations who have made significant and innovative contributions to securing our digital legacy. This year, the Digital Preservation Award ceremony is held in Amsterdam.
Nominations and categories
Send your nominations by 09:00 am (BST) on Monday 30th July and be in with a chance of being named the best in your field of expertise.
In 2018, five awards categories are offered as follows, alongside the DPC Fellowship Award:
- Award for Research and Innovation which recognizes excellence in practical research and innovation activities. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- Award for Teaching and Communications, recognizing excellence in outreach, training and advocacy. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- Award for the Most Distinguished Student Work in Digital Preservation, encouraging and recognizing student work in digital preservation. The prize includes attendance at an international conference, a trophy and a certificate.
- Award for Safeguarding the Digital Legacy, which celebrates the practical application of preservation tools to protect at-risk digital objects. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
- Award for the Most Outstanding Digital Preservation Initiative in Commerce, Industry and the Third sector, encouraging and recognizing the adoption of digital preservation tools and approaches in institutions which are not explicitly memory institutions. The award includes a cash prize of £1000, a trophy and certificates.
Please check the criteria for each of the categories and the rules of entry carefully before submitting your nomination to one of these categories.
Welcome to Amsterdam
This year the exciting process will culminate in a spectacular awards ceremony in Amsterdam, as part of an International Conference hosted by the Dutch Digital Heritage Network and the Amsterdam Museum on World Digital Preservation Day (previously International Digital Preservation Day) on Thursday 29th November 2018.
The Digital Preservation Awards is a great coup for the winners who use their success to go onwards and upwards in the world of digital preservation, easily able to make the case for their work with an award to their name.
Enter before the deadline of 09:00 (BST) on Monday 30th July 2018. Use the links below to find out more.
- How to Apply
- Eligibility and Frequently Asked Questions
- Schedule and Timeline
- Roll of Honour
Gecategoriseerd in :